+91 9890100447

+91 9225337111

WElCOME TO PACKERS AND MOVERS Dharangaon


jalgaon-packers-movers-services

The old name of Dharangaon was Mina Nagar. At the time of the Moghal conquest (1600) Dharangaon was famous for its jirifaf and bhiran cloths. [Gladwin's Ain-i-Akbari, II. 52,] During the seventeenth century, under the forms Dongong, Dorongon, and Drongom, it is several times mentioned as a trade centre of considerable importance. Here, in 1674, the English established a factory. The following year (March 1675) the town was plundered by King Chatrapati Shivaji. [Bruce's Annals, IL 36,37.] And four years later (1679), King Chatrapati Shivaji, joining his forces with those of the Raja of Berar, again plundered Dharangaon, then one of the most flourishing places in the country. [Orme's Historical Fragments, 84. In 1683 the Drongom investment was 10,000 pieces broad bastas, 10,000 pieces sevgazis, and 100,000 lbs. (2500 mans) of turmeric 256,257.] Six years later (1685), King Sambhaji still more savagely plundered the town, burning or pillaging every house. [Orme's Historical Fragments, 143. The factors at Dharangaon had but two hours to escape.] Under the Marathas Dharangaon suffered much from Bhil raids, and was the scene of one of the, frightful Bhil massacres by which the Marathas vainly attempted to keep order. It came into British possession in 1818, [Grant Duff, III. 464.] and here, from 1825 to 1830, Lieutenant, afterwards Sir James, Outram busied himself' in raising the Bhil Corps. [Mr. J. Pollen, C.S.] In 1844 two American planters, Mr. Blount of Gorakhpur and Mr. Simpson of Madras, who had been appointed superintendents of cotton experiments, set up saw-gins. Next year (1845) a screw press was built, but this on account of its costliness proved a failure. In 1850 the gins, nineteen in number, were hired to Messrs. Ritchie Stewart and Co. of Bombay, who had established an agency, and a further supply of twenty-one more were made for them. In 1854 the office of superintendent was abolished, and only a small establishment was kept to take charge of the gins.